Luke 17:20 – 18:8
A negative picture of God?
1. A puzzling parable (18:1-5)
2. What is the point?
- God is slow to answer prayer
- The secret prayer formula (X+Y=Z)
3. Parables are like (Good) sermon illustrations
- context is king
- wider Luke 9:51 – Luke 19
- who is the audience? Luke 18:1; 17:22
- ‘the days of the Son of Man’ Luke 17:20-37
4. Let’s try again with the application
- God is NOT like the Judge
- What sort of praying?
- Why does God delay?
When Jesus comes will he find faith on the earth?
- stay the course