Deuteronomy 8, Luke 12:13-21 and Matthew 4:1-11
1. About this series
- Deut 5: How to live God’s way
- Deut 6: How to love and fear God (at the same time!)
- Deut 7: How to relate to the world around us
- Deut 8: How to stay Christian
2. This week’s issue: how can I be sure I will persevere to the end?
3. Deuteronomy 8
- i. Our biggest threat is “self-sufficiency” (vv12-14)
- ii. Our only hope is in God’s word (vv2-3)
4. Some Christian reflections (via Lk 12:13-21 and Mt 4:1-11)
- i. Why does God’s word always “taste the same”?
- ii. Do I really need to feed on God’s word daily?
- iii. But my bible reading just feels like a boring habit …
Memory verse: 2 Tim 3:16-17
For discussion: what might YOU do differently this week to better feed on God’s word?