Isaiah 42:1-9, Matthew 3:1-4:1
Stephen continues through Matthew and unpacks what “Repent for the kingdom of heaven is at hand” is about.
What lies within?
Humanity has a problem
- Kingdom of Heaven + Near = _______
- Presume all is ok?
- Repentance is not enough
Jesus owns our problem
- Jesus needs to be baptised?
- Psalm 2:7 & Isaiah 42:1… Isaiah 53
- ‘If you are the Son of God…’
- Something new: The good Son unlike all others
- The Son of God calls out sons & daughters of God
Where am I up to?